What are the manufacturing requirements of automobile inspection tool base plate?
Automobile inspection tool is a custom measuring tool for automobile parts, and it is a high-precision tool just like the tape measure we usually use to measure our height.
However, the difference between automobile inspection tools and common measuring tools is that they can’t be mass-produced. Each set of inspection tools corresponds to each part, and the inspection tools for this product are designed according to customers’ products, which is also the significance of automobile inspection tools design.
Automobile checking fixture is a non-standard customized product, which is developed according to each new vehicle model and needs new products. When a new vehicle model is developed, a matching checking fixture will be needed to serve the products.
The manufacturing cycle of automobile inspection tools is short; perhaps people in the industry have a deep understanding. Often, in the whole project, the mold is handled first, and then the inspection tools are processed after the mold work is finished. In order to make the inspection tools keep up with the debugging needs of the mold, the manufacturing time left for the inspection tools is often very small, so it is necessary for the inspection tools factory to coordinate and arrange the time to achieve the required time.
Let’s talk about the manufacturing requirements of automobile inspection tool base plate:
1) The upper surface of the fixture base plate is used as the installation base plane and the measurement base plane, and there should be no obvious machining tool marks.
2) For the bottom plate with no special requirements, the upper surface should be engraved with 100-mm spacing lines, with a line depth of 0.5MM and a line width of 0.5mm.
3) Font requirements for bottom plate lettering: the height of coordinate lettering below 400mm (including 400 mm) is 6mm; the height of lettering between 400 mm and 1200 mm is 8mm; the height of lettering above 1200 mm is 10mm; the font depth is 0.15mm and the width is 0.3mm.
4) The design standard of floor thickness only allows 18, 23, 28 and 33, and the floor thickness is selected according to Table 1: (A is the long side of the floor)
Generally, 23 is selected, and 28 is selected when the weight of the base plate accounts for less than 50% of the weight of the fixture. The plane size of the base plate is larger than 600 ×600, and the base plate must be sand-turned or welded. The specific material should be determined according to the customer’s requirements.
5) Chamfer of the bottom plate of the inspection tool: the corners below 400 mm (including 400 mm) are C5, the peripheral edges are C2, the corners above 400 mm are C10, and the peripheral edges are C5.
6) When the customer requests to design the reference edge of the base plate, the concave method of the reference edge is preferred.