Design of inspection tool for automobile steering wheel frame
The design of automobile steering wheel frame is generally simple, the detection content is less, and the shape of inspection fixture is not complex, but ergonomics should be considered, because it is used frequently. However, when the steering wheel skeleton is plastic wrapped, the design of the inspection tool is difficult, because we need to consider the matching of several trim modules, so we will design the matching parts accordingly. Foreign inspection tools will carry out the design of tabulation module to quantitatively manage the inspection value of the surface. The following figure shows a simple skeleton inspection tool.
The main detection contents of the steering wheel skeleton include: the detection of the position of the important hole, the detection of the profile of the wheel hub, the detection of the position of the middle spline groove, and the detection of the position of the airbag mounting hook.
Notes for design of steering wheel inspection tool:
1. The overall weight should be as small as possible, and the overall size should also be as small as possible (the habit of containing products in the measurement reference block may not be considered), or the weight can be reduced as shown in the figure above, or the material can be removed from the bottom non working area;
2. The thickness of the bottom plate is generally 25 mm (especially for small inspection tools);
3. The small plane marked by three red circles in the bottom plate design reserved drawing, 2mm;
4. The general sliding length of go no go gauge is 30-35mm;
5. Generally, release is used instead of the round go no go gauge in the figure above;
6. A marking line is made at the rear of the go no go gauge. If the green marking line is covered, the go no go gauge has passed completely. If the red marking line is covered, the go no go gauge has passed;
7. The datum of the inspection tool shall be in accordance with the 2D drawing, and the position and dimension shall be in accordance with the value specified in the 2D drawing;